Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Questioned documents are any documents that may be used as evidence in a trial, ranging from handwritten notes to counterfeit currency to contracts. This concise new handbook is designed specifically to aid lawyers involved in cases that involve questioned documents (QD) evidence. It explains the basics of document examination and helps litigators improve the way they present document evidence and question witnesses. It also provides references to professional literature and other legal sources, making it easy to find further information when needed.
Questioned Documents: A Lawyer's Handbook provides analyses applied to many types of investigations and types of documents. It outlines the techniques for determining authenticity, age, ink and paper sources, handwriting identification, equipment used, forgeries, alterations, erasures, and more. In addition to helping the attorneys who mush present the QD evidence and ask the questions, this handbook is also an important resource for the expert witnesses who will be asked those questions at trial.
* Explains the basics of document examination and shows how they apply to a variety of cases
* Helps litigators improve the way they present document evidence and interrogate witnesses
* Saves hours in pre-trial interviews by providing lawyers with the a thorough knowledge of the topic
* Presents case examples from the US, UK, The Netherlands, Germany, Nepal, Israel, Jordan, Russia, Romania and more
* Includes actual questions that can be asked of expert witnesses
* Provides an extensive list of references and research suggestions
* Helps document examiners learn about the application of their expertise in the courtroom, and what to expect when questioned by attorneys