Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Build your expertise as you move beyond the basicsand delve into the essential topics of programming with ADO.NET 2.0. This comprehensive reference offers expert guidance, hands-on instruction, and code samples in Microsoft Visual C# and Visual Basic to help advance your mastery of developing database applications for Microsoft Windows and the Web.
Discover how to:
- Work with design-time data access features in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- Use Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 data providers to connect to databases
- Build connection strings and enable connection pooling
- Execute queries, including parameterized and asynchronous queries, and retrieve their results
- Create DataSet objects to work with offline data and explore common usage scenarios
- Use the new Common Language Runtime features and XML data type in Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Generate logic and use stored procedures for simple to advanced updating scenarios
- Design Web applications with new data access features in ASP.NET 2.0including code-free data-binding capabilities
PLUSGet Visual Basic and C# code samples, and a Microsoft .NET Data Provider on the Web