Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
In-depth and comprehensive, this Resource Kit delivers the information you need to set up, deploy, and manage a Terminal Services farm using Windows Server 2008. You get authoritative technical insights from Terminal Services experts, including guidance from members of the Microsoft product teamalong with essential scripts and resources on CD.
Get expert advice on how to:
- Install and configure role services, and learn how they support business cases
- Apply best practices for securing terminal servers and authorizing executables
- Use Group Policy to configure a terminal server environment
- Redirect devices effectively to make a remote experience feel local
- Install and publish applications with TS RemoteApps programs and TS Web Access
- Create a secure, fault-tolerant WAN access solution using TS Gateway
- Manage terminal servers and user sessions with command-line and graphical tools
- Keep server roles available and restorable through change management, including virtualization approaches
- 8 sample VBScript scripts
- 8 sample Windows PowerShell scripts
- 250+ links to tools and toolkits, documentation, Webcasts, labs, and classes
- Understanding Microsoft Virtualization Solutions From Desktop to Datacenter eBook
- Network diagram and sample files
- Sample chapters from related Microsoft Press books
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.