Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
The Statistical Abstract of the United States has provided a statistical portrait of social, political, demographic and economic conditions of America since 1878. This 2018 edition continues the heritage begun so long ago by the U.S. government, with the U.S. Census Bureau being the last agency to produce the compendium at government expense. Now in our fifth annual edition, Bernan and ProQuest carry on the proud tradition and responsibility of creating the statistical portrait of America.
Librarians value the Statistical Abstract as both an answer book and a guide to statistical sources. Long-time users of the Statistical Abstract of the United States expect each new edition to carry forward much of the content from prior editions, as well as introduce new data as America continues to evolve. Our editors are committed to updating the long-standing, historical statistics as new data becomes available, as well as finding new topics to cover.
The 2018 edition introduces 40 new tables covering a variety of topics such as:
- Health Insurance Enrollment and Coverage
- Medicare and Medicaid Dual Enrollment and Medicare Utilization
- Prescription Psychotherapeutic Drug Use
- Foodborne Disease Outbreaks and Illnesses
- Presidential Pardons and Commutations
- Active Duty Military Personnel and Veterans Enrolled in Higher Education
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- And much more